If you find yourself unemployed in the State of VA, you can file an initial or weekly Virginia unemployment benefits claims at www.vec.virginia.gov website or by phone. Read this review to learn about the many benefits that may be obtained from the state.
Here are some tips and important information you will want to know when deciding to file your first or continued claim for UI benefits.
Filing an Initial or Weekly Virginia Unemployment Claim
The VA Employment Commission Workforce Services UI claim filing website is located at www.vec.virginia.gov/unemployed/. See the page to register your account, login, and apply for your UI monetary benefits.
Before you apply …
- Make sure your last job was in the State of VA.
Have the following information so you can apply or file your weekly claim:
These are some of the informational items necessary to complete your online application.
- Social security number
- Name and number of your local union hall (if appropriate)
- Employer names, addresses and dates of employment over the last 18 months
- If you are not a US citizen, you will need your Alien Registration number
It is important to know that applications that are incomplete will not be processed, so make sure that you have everything necessary before starting the application process.
Key Sections of the Virginia UI Application
- Personal Information and Facts
- Last Employment History
- Unemployement Claim Instructions
- Method of Benefits Payment
To file a new or weekly claim by telephone you can use the following phone numbers to call toll free.
- File New Claim by Telephone: 866.832.2363
- File Weekly Claim by Telephone: 800.897.5630
Virginia Employment Commission
Other pages to see:
Check out the state’s official website to learn more about the VEC unemployment claims process. Make sure that you are prepared with accurate information about your current job situation.
They provide extensive opportunities to make a claim if you are currently unemployed.
You will also want to peruse the opportunities for new work and employment too.
Apply here …